Intern Position Description – Hydrogeoinformatics:
Aim of this internship position is to develop web based software (Geoprofiler) for design and drawing well profile. This type of web based software could be used by the hydrogelogist, hydrologis and geologist to create and document well profile. The user could produce high-quality schematic diagrams of wellbore with their own data.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate actively in the design, development, and management of web based platform for the geoprofiler and associated database.
- Evaluate and recommend different platforms as they become available, both commercial and open source.
Desired Skill Set and Experience:
- Education: BS/BA/BSc in Computer Science, Geoinformatics, Geography or a related field,
- Experience with or, want to learn – web design and development, including HTML, CSS,
- Experience with or, want to learn – web scripting languages and technologies,
- Experience with or, want to learn – spatial RDBMSs, especially PostgreSQL/PostGIS and also SQL Server etc.,
- Experience with or, want to learn – Java, C# .NET or equivalent language preferred
Internships at UIZ
An intern could specialize with his/her topic in the field (or, in combination) of Water Science, Hydrogeology, Remote sensing and GIS, Environmental Sciences, Web Technology, GeoInformatics etc.
Real experience in real teams
There’s nothing more valuable to you than working on real projects, carrying out a real role and integrating fully into a team. So you’ll apply to and join a specific division. That division is where you will benefit from further learning events, presentations, meetings and networking opportunities.
We’ll throw many your way – all designed to build your skills and experience. In Wealth and Management, for instance, you will tackle The Pursuit, our specially created internship challenge, which gives you the opportunity to pitch to the project. Or, you may be set an objective to initiate meetings with our team coordinator. You’ll be given a special project to complete, the results of which you’ll present to a manager.
How we’ll reward you
We will provide working place, office stationary and necessary equipments along with plenty of recognition for your achievements. UIZ, Berlin, Germany will issue certificate of appreciation and achievement for the intern project.
Neue Grünstraße 38, 10179, Berlin, Germany
Internship program could vary from 4 weeks to 6 months. The programme starts with a short training course where you’ll gain skills, network with other interns/team leaders and build your understanding of the project in the industry.
How to apply? : Send your complete CV with contact details at firstname.lastname@example.org.