Intern Position Description:
The intern is responsible for the development of web-based GIS for water quality and water supply network in the city. Topic of inter-project could be modified as per interest of Intern too. This intern position requires a strong understanding of modern web design and development practices in the context of tabular and spatial data presentation. The intern works closely with other Technology teams of Thakur International, Kathmandu, Nepal and UIZ, Berlin, Germany to deliver innovative and quality solutions.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design user interface and technical infrastructure for web based products and services
- Create and maintain technical specifications for web based products and services
- Publish and consume web GIS services using ArcGIS Server, GeoServer, or similar large-scale map server deployment
- Participate actively in the design, development, and management of associated RDBMSs
- Interact regularly with GIS Engineers and GIS Analysts to ensure that web presentation of data is consistent with internal databases and their processes and methods
- Build tools and processes in conjunction with other engineering and product teams for the on-time, quality release of data products, services, and applications
- Evaluate and recommend different platforms as they become available, both commercial and open source
- Education: BS/BA/BSc/MSc student in Computer Science, Engineering, Geoinformatics, Geography or a related field
Desired Skill Set:
- Experience or, want to learn with web design and development, including HTML, CSS
- Experience or, want to learn spatial RDBMSs, especially PostgreSQL/PostGIS and also SQL Server, Oracle Spatial, etc.
- Experience or, want to learn Java, C# .NET or equivalent language preferred
- Experience or, want to learn Esri GIS tools with associated programming and scripting preferred
Internships at UIZ, Berlin
An intern could specialize with his/her topic in the field (or, in combination) of Water Science, Hydrogeology, Remote sensing and GIS, Environmental Sciences, Web Technology, GeoInformatics, Telecommunication, Business, Marketing and Sales, Publishing and Printing, Human Resources Management etc.
Real experience in real teams
There’s nothing more valuable to you than working on real projects, carrying out a real role and integrating fully into a team. So you’ll apply to and join a specific division. That division is where you will benefit from further learning events, presentations, meetings and networking opportunities.
We’ll throw many your way – all designed to build your skills and experience. In Wealth and Management, for instance, you will tackle The Pursuit, our specially created internship challenge, which gives you the opportunity to pitch to the project. Or, you may be set an objective to initiate meetings with our team coordinator. You’ll be given a special project to complete, the results of which you’ll present to a manager.
How we’ll reward you
We will provide working place, office stationary and necessary equipments along with plenty of recognition for your achievements. UIZ, Berlin, Germany will issue certificate of appreciation and achievement for the intern project.
Neue Grünstraße 38, 10179, Berlin, Germany
Internship program could vary from 3 weeks to 6 months. The programme starts with a short training course where you’ll gain skills, network with other interns/team leaders and build your understanding of the project in the industry.
How to apply? : Send your complete CV with contact details at email@example.com.